- Read a few of our sample essays on your topic
- Develop your own ideas
- Your paper will practically write itself
This paragraph begins with a very subtle yet strong statement about King whom wants to "confess that over the past few years [he] has been gravely disappointed with the white moderate." The imagery used in his topic sentence: "honest confession", gives you the impression that he is opening his deepest and most heart felt emotions up to you, subsequently; when he is disappointed "gravely", as he said, by the white moderate's reactions to his direct action, you begin to feel a prejudice towards them from the very start. This imagery is continued when King states his "regrettable conclusion" about what the real obstacles on the path to freedom really are for Black people: "the white moderate". Not only does that imagery further our prejudice against the white moderate inactivists, but it also sways our judgement toward being more sympathetic to King's cause.
Martin Luther King Jr. becomes even more persuasive with his argument when he compares the white moderate with the Ku Klux Klan and the White Citizen's Counciler, stating " that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is ... the white moderate". That particular statement puts an entirely negative connotation on the white moderate, which puts a shado
Quotes talked about in this paper
- King states his "regrettable conclusion" about what the real obstacles on the path to freedom really are for Black people: "the white moderate".
- King tells us that the white moderate "is more devoted to ‘order' than to justice", ...
- King reveals the white moderate's preference of "the absence of tension"—which is defined by King as a "negative peace"—to "the presence of justice"—defined by King as a "positive peace".
- King is not only strengthening his argument but also, is at the exact same time, weakening the white moderate's argument by specifically stating that his goal is "positive" and the white moderate's is "negative".
- King states that the white moderates actions or inactions are guided "by a mythical concept of time" which leads the white moderate to believe that there is a "more convenient season"
Names mentioned in this research paper
the white moderate,
Keywords talked about in this research paper
Martin Luther King Jr, the white, negative connotation, direct action, paragraph, the argument, Ku Klux Klan, moderates, time constraint, order and justice, topic sentence, word order, Black people, approximately equal, Birmingham jail, augmentative, another man, Klux, disagrees, regrettable, twenty three, confess, stumbling, happy go lucky, idealistic, persuasive, manhood, fairytales, paternal, paraphrase, irrational, honest, Negro, swallow, paternalistically, mythical, strengthening, inactions, tragic, confession, exact, paradox, much more, quotations, insights, explains, main, problems, glass, shows,