Answer the following questions. Answer in full sentences wherever possible.
1. How do you think you would respond to Dr. Browne?
2. Crabbe describes Dr. Browne as either Father, ___________, or Firm.
3. What does "two digits amputated mean? Where is this information found? Write down one
more piece of information found on this page.
4. Find the physical description of Dr. Browne on page 11. Write the description in point form.
5. What is a ˜vice'? What is Franklin's vice?
6. Describe the plot of the "Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
8. What does Franklin's outburst on page 116 teach us about him as a young man and his life
Answer the following questions by circling the correct answer.
2. Franklin takes the following from his
3. Franklin refers to the servants at his
6. Franklin's nick-name for Mr. Grant is:
9. Franklin's nick-name for Frazer is:
11. Franklin describes the storyline of the
following novel in his history class:
c. Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
12. Franklin's favourite teacher is:
13. Franklin's favourite teacher was his
c. he paid attention to what his students said
"I don't want to talk about it anymore. The kid's going to have to work this all out for himself. I'm sick of the whole issue. It goes on and on. Do you want the light on?
"No, I can find my way. That's easy for you to say. Very easy. But you don't have to watch him flush his life down the drain. Because that's what he'll do if we let him. He's not going to university. You know that, don't you?
"What do you mean I don't have to watch him? I'm his father for Christ's sake ¦
1. How does the above conversation between Crabbe's parents reveal how they feel about him?__________________________________________________________________________________________________...