- Read a few of our sample essays on your topic
- Develop your own ideas
- Your paper will practically write itself
Quotes talked about in this paper
- "Hell, blame it on global warming," Toronto Blue Jays manager Jim Fregosi says. "We're blaming all these damn homers on everything else, so why not?"
- "I wouldn't want to hazard a guess," says Fregosi, ...
- "To me, Aaron Sele (of the Seattle Mariners) says it all," Fregosi says. "You look at his ERA the last four years - 5.32 ERA, 5.38, 4.23, 4.79. And he's one of the top free-agent pitchers in the game."
- "I can't explain it," says Batista, who already has hit eight homers this year for the Blue Jays and has hit 39 in the last seven months. "For me, it's just a matter of getting playing time. I knew once I got the chance, I could hit homers."
- "I don't like adjusting rules or changing rules," commissioner Bud Selig says. "I know we did it in '69, but I'd rather not do that."
- "We call it Home Run Field, not Enron Field," Astros pitcher Jose Lima says. "Last year, we couldn't wait to get home. This year, we don't want to come home. It's scary."
- "They've got to do something," Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan told ...
- Shane Reynolds says: "You can't expect to see games like you've seen pitched for (35) years in the Astrodome. Those days are gone."
- "This is the damnedest thing I've ever seen," former Cardinals manager Whitey Herzog says. "The game has changed so damn much. The ball is juiced, the pitchers don't use the inside half of the plate and the hitters look like NFL linemen."
Sports referenced in this report
Names included in this research material
a six-time All-Star, Gary Sheffield, household names, George Brett, Batista, Kevin Elster, Bud Selig, Scott Elarton, Shane Reynolds, Matt Williams, Everett Stull, Roger Clemens, Whitey Herzog, Roger) Maris, Tony Batista, Randy Johnson, Troy Glaus, Jorge Posada, Hall, Jose Lima, Aaron Sele, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, the first teammates, the first trio, Tim Salmon, Mickey) Mantle, Piazza,
Organizations mentioned in this research paper
Houston Astros, St. Louis Cardinals, Blue Jays, Toronto Blue Jays, New York Giants, Minnesota Twins, Milwaukee Brewers, Los Angeles Dodgers, NFL, Dodgers, Yankees, Seattle Mariners, Mets, Angels,
Locations mentioned in this paper
Cooperstown, Atlanta, Houston,
Facility included in this essay
Enron Field, Hall of Fame,
Keywords mentioned in this essay
home run, pitchers, Astros, baseball, game, Houston Astros, ballpark, Jermaine Dye, the ball, Enron Field, opposite field, used to be, major league baseball, home run derby, All Star, Toronto Blue Jays, Los Angeles Dodgers, designated hitter rule, the blue jays, home field, New York Giants, Jim Fregosi, managers, All Star break, Coors Field, long ball, Tony Batista, playing field, Whitey Herzog, strike zone, wave goodbye, Everett Stull, Kevin Elster, Jorge Posada, Bud Selig, Troy Glaus, Bernie Williams, Mo Vaughn, Milwaukee Brewers, Pedro Martinez, Scott Elarton, Aaron Sele, household names, Nolan Ryan, Tim Salmon, Shane Reynolds, Gary Sheffield, to survive, global warming, Cy Young,