- Read a few of our sample essays on your topic
- Develop your own ideas
- Your paper will practically write itself
Author David Shenk is a firm believer that the internet is not such a good thing. In his essay he supports his stance by stating that there are too many ways to get side tracked when on the internet. "Reading gives way to surfing, a meandering peripatetic journey through a maze of threads."(Shenk. Riverside Reader) This is how he feels the internet disorganizes peoples thoughts, one minute they are reading something and the next they are looking ant some pop up add or searching for something else. He also points out that on the internet there is never really an end to things "Our stories work best when they have an ending," "With hypertext, endings are irrelevant-because no one ever gets to one." (Shenk. Riverside Reader)
Quotes talked about in this paper
- "The Problems with Hypertext" the author, David Shenk, feels that the internet has indeed disorganized peoples thought ...
- He also supports his stance by stating that sitting down and reading something can be relaxing ", Faster is not always better, (Shenk. Riverside Reader)" and "Traditional narrative offers the reader a journey with a built-in purpose."
- Wendy Lesser tells how she has grown to love the internet and how it has allowed her to communicate with people in her essay "The Conversion." ...
- Wendy Lesser talks about the good points to the internet in her essay "The Conversation" ...
Names referenced in this essay
David Shenk, idea.”(Lesser, Wendy Lessers, Lesser,
Keywords talked about in this essay
internet, the internet, David Shenk, wendy lesser, essay, hypertext, One thing, our world, thoughts, disorganized, to love, email address, time difference, long distance, phone number, office workers, Problems, the reader, every second, traditional, awoke, ACNielsen, fleeting, Canadian, one minute, relaxing, many ways, clever, skeptic, conversations, maze, surfing, jury, revelation, full time, only time, humorous, the modern world, get lost, weather, London, A complete, opportunities, America, college, offers, the essay, the distractions, the good,