- Read a few of our sample essays on your topic
- Develop your own ideas
- Your paper will practically write itself
The story begins by setting up, in the mind of the reader, a mental picture of an old seducer preaching his philosophies through clouds of cigarette smoke. "The Don" says, "Figaro, my friend, a man owes it to himself to stop and consider the three advantages of single life. One, if you're single, you can think. Two, you can act. Three, you can feel...there is no prison so deadly as a life of unnecessities, which is what marriage is." In most religions marriage is considered a sacred joining of two people. "The Don's" philosophy undermines the marriage ideology to the point that it is sin
Quotes talked about in this paper
- "The Don" says, "Figaro, ...
- "The Don" tells Figaro that "Some men should have two lovers, some three; it depends on the man…I am selfish, Figaro, because I have a larger capacity for pleasure than other people do…this to me is the beauty of the male existence."
- "The life of a libertine ends badly," Figaro says. ...
- "The Don" has about women is negatively viewed by most societies, and it's because of this attitude that he ends ...
Names referenced in this essay
Figaro, Don, Don Giovanni, Garrison Keillor,
Keywords talked about in this essay
Don Giovanni, short story, Garrison Keillor, single life, sexual habits, perfect life, one point, two people, black cloud, Some men, religious community, North Dakota, belief systems, conversations, pictures, self, seducing, frown, society, immoral, a life, libertine, monogamous, eyelids, sinful, selfish, hooves, cigarette, seducer, occasional, my friend, societies, smoke, pleasure, shoes, gate, conservative, piano, door, sacred, main, match, individual, beliefs, shows, other people, seem, the marriage, The passage, the three,